Passion: I love what I do. I have always had the desire to gather information about music and share that knowledge with others. My focus is to find the best way to communicate and inspire every student I work with. Connecting and getting excited about music has a positive impact on other areas of life.
Motivation: I want my students to ENJOY what they play-- you are likely to practice twice as long if you enjoy your songs. Not everything you learn will be your "favorite!" but when nessesary I do let my students' goals and inspirations drive song choices.
Exellence: Note reading. Ear training. A well-rounded and thinking-musician is my goal. I mix technique, theory, playing by ear, composing, and note-reading all together to bring total comprehension of music to the mind and body.
Private Lessons offered for Beginner / Intermediate / Early Advanced Levels
- Note Reading
- Proper Technique
- Playing by Ear
- Creative Accompaniment (chords and theory)
- Classical, Jazz, and Pop Genres
Music Direction + Accompaniment
Shelley is available to accompany productions, rehearsals, voice lessons, or special events. She also provides music direction, coaching, and private consulting / collaboration.
- for productions, rehearsals, voice lessons, weddings, and special events
- for Singers and Instrumentalists
- for Musical Theatre
Director / Arranger / Composer / Conductor / Coach / Collaborator:
- works privately with singers in preparation for vocal competitions, auditions, and performances
- works with instrumentalists to create cohesive arrangements for productions
- has exensive experience arranging and transposing music
Rate is dependant upon size and time constraint of the project.
Contact Shelley abour your needs and to inquire regarding availability.